What are Custom Fields?
Custom Fields are an easy way of storing additional information within RealtimeCRM. They allow you to customise your CRM system to best meet your needs by allowing you to store additional details at no extra cost. RealtimeCRM allows you to create Custom Fields for Contacts, Companies, Opportunities, Projects and Products.
When you add a custom field it is added to all records of that type. You must be an administrator to manage custom fields.
Adding a Custom Field
Follow the steps below to add a custom field to all records of the selected type. For example, you may want to have a field within your Contact record that records any food allergies.
- From the Dashboard, click on your Username in the top right corner and select ‘Settings’ from the drop-down menu. Alternatively, select Settings from the left hand menu.
- You will be taken to the Settings screen. Look in the left-hand menu and select ‘Configuration’
- Alternatively within the record you want to add a Custom Field to click on Manage custom fields and it will take you to the Configuration page
- Once you’re on the Configuration page, scroll down until you see the Custom Fields heading
- Click Add custom field
- Fill in this form and select the ‘record type’ that you want to add the custom field to. This determines which records this Custom Field appears in, so for example if you wish it to appear in all Company records then you would select the ‘record type’ as ‘Company’
- Now simply click the blue ‘Create’ button and your new Custom Field will appear in all Company records ready to use
Removing a Custom Field
The process of removing a Custom Field is almost identical to adding a Custom field to all records.
- From the Dashboard, click on your Username in the top right corner and select ‘Settings’ from the drop-down menu. Alternatively select Settings from the left hand menu.
- You will be taken to the Settings page. Look in the left-hand menu and select ‘Configuration’
- Once you’re on the Configuration page, scroll down until you see the Custom Fields box
- Look at the list of Custom Fields and then simply delete the relevant one by clicking Delete
- A dialog box will appear asking you to confirm you wish to remove this Custom Field, simply click OK and this Custom Field will be removed from all records
- To change the name of a Custom Field simply click Edit and a dialog box will open allowing you to rename it.