When you start using RealtimeCRM you will be given a default set of stages for your Opportunities, these stages represent the steps in the sales process needed to turn that Opportunity into a final sale. The Opportunity Pipeline is a visual representation of all your Opportunities and at what stage of the sales process they are in. As you can see each Opportunity Stage corresponds to a Opportunity Pipeline title on the left.
We’ve boiled down the process of editing your Opportunity Stages to a few clicks. To begin with click on your username and on the drop-down menu click ‘Settings’ and then you will be taken to your ‘My Profile’ page, once there click on the ‘Configuration’ heading on the left hand side. Scroll down until you find the Opportunity Stages heading under which you can begin to modify your Opportunity Stages.
To add a new Opportunity Stage
- As stated click on your Username then ‘Settings’ and then ‘Configuration’
- Scroll down to the ‘Opportunity Stages’ heading and click Add stage
- A dialog box should now open asking you to enter the ‘Title’ and ‘Description of the new Opportunity Stage, once you have done this simply click the blue ‘Add Stage’ button to complete the process and your new Opportunity Stage will be added to the list
Edit an existing stage
- To edit an existing Opportunity Stage simply click on the stage you wish to edit for example if you wish to change ‘Solution’ simply click on it
- Now a new dialog box should open allowing you to change its ‘Title’ and ‘Description. Once you are happy with the alterations you’ve made click the blue ‘Update’ button and any modifications you’ve made will be saved
Change the Opportunity Stage Order
- To move a stage up or down the list simply click on the symbol next to the stage title and drag it up or down.
- Once you are happy with its placement drop it in place and this new ordering is automatically saved without you having to do anything further
Delete an Opportunity Stage
- To remove a stage from the Opportunity Pipeline simply click the red ‘Delete’ button
- A dialog box will open asking you to confirm the removal and if you are happy to continue click the blue ‘OK’ button
Tip: We recommend customising your Opportunity Stages before adding any Opportunities.